Partnering to Provide Uncompromising Service and Quality
The return of industry production volumes to near pre-recession levels is great news for the industry. Scratch the surface, however, and there are many Tier 2 suppliers in a tenuous position; with aging equipment, limited capacity and a workforce that has lost much of its experience.
Like their Tier 1 customers, most Tier 2 suppliers experienced significant drops in volume in 2009. In response, they too decreased their workforce, reduced or eliminated excess capacity, reduced spending on capital investment and other measures. Many of the most experienced employees decided to simply move on or retire as layoffs took their toll.
As a result, many tiered suppliers find it difficult to increase volumes. In order to support a healthy supply base, Tier 1 customers need to keep a watchful eye on their supply and, when appropriate, utilize their greater resources to support their sub-tiers through the automotive recovery.
Vocollect Voice Solutions provide you with streamlined best-in-class business processes to take your organization to the next level of operating efficiency. We will help you identify additional ways to reduce your operating costs, while supporting your customer service level commitments.
Business Value provided by Vocollect Voice Solution:
- Helps support and streamline cross docking order staging for maximum throughput
- Helps ensure that orders are available for Just-In-Sequence (JIS) customer utilization
- Helps ensure orders are accurate and staged correctly for shift Kanban carts at shift start
- Helps ensure greater worker throughput to reduce fulfillment costs
- Helps ensure efficient worker assimilation with voice directed process workflows
Behr Video Case Study